Friday, February 1, 2008

Roasted Marshmallow Pudding

Recently, I decided to try my luck at some homemade pudding. Butterscotch. It was my first attempt at cooking such a thing, and the directions didn't give any times. While melting the butter and brown sugar, I was instructed that it would be ready when I smelled a nutty smell. Well, I smelled a nutty smell before all of the butter was even melted, so I thought that using my nose wasn't the best indication. I continued melting. I let the butter and sugar melt together a little too long, because once combined with the heavy cream, the house was filled with a slightly burnt smell. I continued anyway and let the pudding set in the fridge until we were ready for desert.

The pudding tasted nothing like butterscotch, but to my surprise, Tommy was very happy with the way it turned out because it tasted EXACTLY like roasted marshmallows. YUM. We didn't have any graham crackers or chocolate to pair with the pudding. Oh. Well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it count as sucking up if your food still came out awesome? I'm skeptical.

Melanie said...

I second! But I also like the idea of toasted marshmallow pudding. Yum ....