Saturday, January 24, 2009

Powdered Sugar

This isn't so much of a cooking disaster, but more of a long term fail on my part. The problem is powdered sugar. Specifically, I have this mental dysfunction such that whenever I walk into a grocery store, I suddenly find myself thinking "Hmm... I think we are out of powdered sugar. I better get some more."

Never mind the fact that I had that same thought last week and we have plenty of powdered sugar as result. This process continues until we have 3-4 pounds of the stuff stock-piled in the pantry and Amy is threatening to start sifting the stuff into my laptop if I don't stop.

And the thing is, I hardly ever use powdered sugar in the first place. It's not like flour and regular sugar, where I can reliably go through a bag in a couple weeks. I use powdered sugar a couple of times in a YEAR.

I don't know if there is a cure for this disease. But if you need to borrow some powdered sugar, let me know.

1 comment:

Three of Birds said...

I have that problem with flour! And I don't even use flour that often. But we have tons and tons of flour because every time I actually need it, I assume we don't have any and buy some more.