Tuesday, March 4, 2008

oh dear, bojangles'

though it was not actually my cooking, there was a food fiasco with which i am sure you can all commiserate.

today, after a long day, i went to bojangles' in search of some scrumptious comfort food. i bought the only appropriate meal, the cajun filet biscuit combo. and i have to say, i have never wanted to break down and cry so much as when i received this piece of cardboard chicken.

not only did was my "chicken" cold and not cajun-y-delicious, but it was about 1/4th of an inch thick and hard. i do not mean lovely, crispy hard, i mean lose a tooth hard. seeing as how many of you are, in fact, huge bojangles' fans, i am sure you feel my pain.

... and in my time zone, it is actually 8:52pm, not 5ish (since that is really important to this post).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just died a little bit on the inside.

Have you ever been at a Bojangles where you are in line just as they are finishing up a batch of fries? It's kind of like Russian roulette as to whether you'll get stuck with the last serving of cold 'n stale fries or the fresh batch of hot 'n awesome fries.

Rachel said...

Brian, when they give you the last of the nasty old fries, that's when you "accidentally" spill your tea on the fries as you reach for the tray. I know, I know, it's a tragic waste of tea, but it's all for the mercy killing of the nasty fries.